Our first day there, we went on a walk to a waterfall. On the way there, we had to cross this old rickety bridge. I was not too thrilled about it, but what choice did I have? The waterfall and surrounding area made the trek worth it. Grace and Dean went for a swim (the water was too cold for me) then we watched a group of kids sliding down rocks. Some of the kids were standing while sliding down these rocks and we joked that this was downhill skiing, Brazilian style!
Our second day in Paraty was spent on a schooner ride. For about $14 a person (Grace was free) we took a 4.5 hour schooner ride out in the ocean. The boat stopped at various places to take a swim or visit a beach. Grace and Dean did some snorkeling. Once again the water was too cold for me, what can I say, I am a wimp. In my defense, Grace’s lips were a little purple when she got out of the water. Grace has become an expert snorkeler, she’s fearless.


Speaking of fearless…most of our third day was spent doing a ropes course. Naturally, a six year old would never have been allowed to do something like this in the US, but hey we’re in Brazil. After a quick training session we were up in the trees doing various activities. I must say, I was terrified the majority of the time but pretty proud of myself when it was all said and done. Grace also had some moments where she was pretty nervous but overall she really impressed us.
We are looking forward to making a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for some Finnish and Brazilian friends in a couple weeks, but this wasn’t a bad way to spend the holiday!
Looks beautiful! Enjoy your real Thanksgiving meal!
ReplyDelete