Monday, March 14, 2011

Yes, we're still alive!

I realize that it has been exactly a month since my last post. The only excuse I have is that we've had visitors since mid-January: my mom, my brother Tom and his girlfriend Caroline, and another Olmsted scholar and his wife who are living in Uruguay. Now that our last visitors have left, the house feels strangely empty and Grace says she is lonely sitting in the backseat by herself.

We enjoyed showing our guests Rio and all it has to offer. We took a few day trips as well. The most exciting new thing we saw as a family were dolphins! Grace had never seen them before, although she did see whales in Alaska and Dean and I had never seen them while we were together. It was a special treat for Tom and Caroline as well-I don't think they see many dolphins in Germany.

We are trying to get back into a routine, which we haven't had since Christmas. Dean is starting classes this week and is also very busy working with the Consulate right now. Grace went back to school today, after a week off for Carnival.

It is hard to believe that life as we know it will be chaning forever in just three months. Some days I can't believe I am entering my third trimester next week, while a part of me can't believe I still have three months to go! I don't know what we would do without the APO, we have ordered everything for the baby from the US. Everything here is low-quality and about four times the price. I don't know how people live on the economy here.

That is the short report on what we are up to. Up next: Carnival 2011!

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe your're almost in your third trimester! That was fast!! (at least for me). Can't wait to see pics of your new baby boy!
    PS--Heard about your LONG trip back to Rio. What a disaster. Glad you finallly got back home!

    ReplyDelete